Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Mask

I''ll introduce The Mask (マスク) from 1994. This movie is a comedy movie. The director is the same person who directed "Eraser" and "The Scorpion King". His name is Chuck Russell. The movie stars Jim Carrey. He has appeared in other movies such as "Liar Liar", "Yes Man" and "Kick-Ass 2". His career has many interesting works and he is one of the actors I really like. The movie which I like in particular is this movie. It is the work which made Jim Carrey a celebrity at a bound.

[Story]
One day a bank clerk Stanley Ipkiss (Jim Carrey) is a fainthearted but good-natured person, meets a beautiful woman called Tina Carlyle (Cameron Dias) who is a singer. He thinks a lump of garbage is a person of drowning and jumps into the water to help. He picked up a strange wooden mask mixed in garbage on this occasion. An intense green tornado and transforms him into a super unconventional devil person whenever he attaches the mask to his face.

The comic "Mask" of the Dark Horse Comics is the original story for this movie. Cameron Diaz played the part of the heroine, Tina. Cameron Diaz made her movie debut in this movie. An eyeball and heart protrude and this movie expresses a comic-like overreaction. SFX was well-used and the picture was nominated for a Visual Effects Award at the Academy Awards. I think that Cameron Diaz of this movie is very pretty. I didn't know that her initial work was "The Mask". It was released before I was born and I was surprised. When I watched this movie and Stanley transformed himself  in the mask, and his heart and eyes protruded, it was interesting. It is interesting that he became another person when he transformed myself into a mask. He has a cute dog named Milo. In addition,  "Son of the Mask" came out 2005. In the sequel, the cast changed. This movie is interesting even if this I watch it many times, I recommended it. Let's check out the movie trailer.



No comments:

Post a Comment